Kenya Civil Service
Kenya civil service refers to people who are employed within the government institutions. Those employers are known as civil servants.
Public Service Commission (PSC)
The Public Service Commission (PSC) of Kenya is an Independent government Commission established under the Constitution of Kenya to manage human resources in the Kenya Civil Service and the Local Authorities.
The government of Kenya employees over 133, 000 civil servants and it assured civil servants that it is committed to regularising the disparity between the lowest cadre wage and the minimum wage
Ministry of public works
The ministry has the following responsibilities;
- Public Works Policy formulation
- Public works planning
- Development and maintenance of public buildings
- Maintenance of inventory of government property
- Provision of mechanical and electrical (building) services
- Co-ordination of procurement of common user items by government ministries
- Registration and regulation of Contractors, consultants for buildings and civil works and Materials suppliers
- Registration and regulation of Civil, Building and Electromechanical contractors